Reduce fraud. Misplaced it? Turn it off until you find it. Found it? Turn it back on.
Establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations.
Receive alerts when your debit card is used, approved or exceeds the transaction controls set by you.
Stay informed of potential fraud with alerts on attempted, declined transactions.
Get real-time balances for your accounts.
Get the FREE mobile app! Head to the Apple App Store or Google Play and download the app today.
Be certain you are downloading the REAL CardValet. It is the one with the Grey and Orange logo.
If you’re trying to establish or stick to a budget, CardValet can help. Set spending limits for general use or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores. You can also establish these controls by location. The flexible app lets you change these parameters anytime with ease via your mobile device. Going on vacation? Holiday shopping? Simply update your transaction controls to fit your spending needs.
A lost or stolen card is just one area of concern in today’s world where identity theft, skimming and other attacks are an unfortunate reality. Turning your debit card off when you’re not using it helps safeguard against fraud. When you card is “off”, no withdrawals or purchases will be approved. Transaction controls that allow your debit card to work only in specific locations or geographic areas, add another layer of protection. And real-time alerts keep you informed when your card is used or declined.
Review Balances and Transactions
Monitor your finances from anywhere. Use the CardValet app to check your account balances.
Click here for more information!
1. If you choose to use the “Locations” option so that your card won’t work if your phone is not close proximity, there are 3 options under “Control Preferences”.
a. “My Location” option
i. Card must be within 5 miles of your phone
1. Location services, on your actual phone’s “Privacy” setting must be turned on for the Card Valet app.
b. “My Region” option
i. You must select an actual region.
ii. If no region is selected, then all in-store purchases will be denied.
c. “International” option
i. Will deny all international transactions.
2. “Location” functionality does not work well, with online transactions, if the merchants code the transaction as “card present”.
a. Example: Itunes/Apple Store transaction is done electronically, but Apple codes the transaction as “card present” and you are denied because your card is not physically close to their location.
3. Online transactions should not be denied – if the merchant uses the “card not present” transaction description.
4. If you turn on the “Thresholds” option to restrict transactions above a certain dollar amount, you must actually put in a dollar amount.
a. If no dollar amount is selected, all transactions will be denied.
5. Reminder – only 3 failed attempts to register or log on before being locked out.
6. You can add multiple cards on a device.
a. Each card will be separate.
7. You can have the same card on multiple devices (phone, tablet, etc.)
a. Only one device is considered the “primary” device.
8. “INACTIVE ACCOUNTS” could be Money Market Accounts, Loans, Credit cards, etc.
a. You can prevent these from being seen in the Card Valet settings:
i. Click on the 3-bar icon and then click on Settings, Manage Accounts, and remove check mark from any accounts you don’t want to see, click on OK.
This “inactive” account issue will be changed in an August update, but will still happen until then.
9. Parental Controls
a. Parents decide where, when, and how they use cards by adding the child’s card on their own device.